What is the Wiltshire Wallop?
The Wiltshire Wallop began in 2013 and its aim is to become the premier 20 over competition in the county.
With clubs in Wiltshire playing in different league structures and pyramids when it comes to Saturday Cricket, the Wiltshire Wallop offers the opportunity for all clubs in the county to compete in the same competition and play for the honour of being the top 20 over team in the county! For more information on the competition please click here
Below is a loose format of the competition:
- 20 over matches
- Run during June, July and August
- Matches to be played on each week (you can decide which day)
- Groups of 3, 4 or 5 teams (this will be confirmed once number of teams are established)
- Each team playing each other twice
- Winner and runner up of each group progress to quarter finals then finals day
Wiltshire Wallop - 2019
The Wiltshire Wallop returns in 2019 for its 7th season! Potterne CC currently hold the crown but can they be beaten in 2019?
With 10 teams having entered the competition this year, we will be using the following format:
- Group Stage:
- 2 groups of 5 teams, playing each other once (2 home matches, 2 away matches)
- Finals Days:
- The top 2 teams in each group will qualify for the main finals day – Sunday 11th August at Potterne CC
- The 3rd and 4th placed teams in each group will qualify for the plate finals day – DATE TBC
The groups will be as follows:
- Group A – Burbage and ER, Goatacre, Marlborough, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon
- Group B – Biddestone, Calne, Corsham, Potterne, Shrewton
Following the competition
The competition will be administered through http://wiltsclubcomps.play-cricket.com
Fixtures and results will be able to be tracked through this site!
Good luck to this year's teams!
Wiltshire Wallop - Archive
2017 winners - Corsham CC - read the season summary here
2016 winners - Corsham CC - read the season summary here
2013 Winners - Burbage CC - read the finals day report here