ECB Performance Coach Course (Level 3)
This page aims to outline the recruitment and application process for the ECB Performance Coach course (Level 3).
The ECB’s Performance Coach Development Programme is part of ECB Elite Coach Development.
It consists of the Performance Coach Course (UKCC3) and a programme of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) resources available to the qualified UKCC3 coach.
Qualified coaches can access a specialist 'Performance Coach Hub' which provides articles, features, and information on coaching and player development as well as being the platform through which UKCC3 coaches can communicate with each other and ECB can make coaches aware of local, regional or national events.
Recruitment for the UKCC3 course takes place in June and October of each year for courses in September and January respectively.
Dates of UKCC3 courses can be found on the following page; http://www.ecb.co.uk/development/coach-education/performance-coaching-environment,2916,BP.html
Who can apply?
The course is designed for coaches working in the following areas (male and female):
- County Age Group U13 and above
- Emerging Players Programme
- County Academy Programme
- County Professional Programme
- England Men’s and Women’s Development Programmes
The course is open to coaches from the following pathways:
- County Board Workforce Planning
- Coaches working in Performance Programmes in Clubs and Schools
- Professional Cricketers currently or previously playing in one of the First Class Counties in England and Wales
- ICC Europe
- Coaches involved in ECB related Development Programmes overseas
A candidate’s application must be supported by an Endorsing Body. The following Endorsing Bodies are accepted:
- County Cricket Board
- ECB Coaches Association Rep
- County Academy Director
- County Director of Cricket
- ICC Europe
For more information on the UKCC3 course download the information pack