The ECB Coaches Association (ECBCA)
The ECB Coaches Association (ECB CA) is a place to turn to for advice and support. It provides access to the latest thinking and ideas as well as contact with like-minded coaches working to help each other with the simplest of questions right through to comprehensive insurance and legal support if you require it.
Apply for ECB CA membership today and enjoy the benefits below
In Wiltshire, we encourage all coaches to become ECB CA members when they attend a Coach Education course. However, if you are a coach without membership or if your membership has lapsed then why not join today?
The cost of becoming an ECB CA member is only £30 by Direct Debit or £37 by cheque per annum. So why not join the family of Cricket coaches today!
Complete an ECB CA application form
What are the benefits of being an ECB CA member?
Wings to Fly DVD series (new edition produced annually)
Your access to the latest thinking from top coaches and players around the world, at all levels of the game. Access practical ideas to apply to your everyday coaching. Challenge your thinking and practice whilst observing other coaches and their approach. Gain a unique, behind the scenes insight into the leading top coaches and players in the world.
Never be short of ideas and ways of delivering really interesting and enjoyable coaching sessions. This DVD series is only available to members and provides you with:
- The ability to share with players either on a laptop or projected onto a big screen for group viewing
- Easily digestable chapters for simplicity of use
- Up to date coaching methods and styles presented by top coaches and players
Coaches Matter - Techincal bulletins (produced biannually)
Technical information can often be difficult to understand. Coaches Matter bulletins provide easily interpreted technical information and practices for coaches to share with their players. You will also receive a poster that can be displayed within your club or school.
Hitting the Seam - Newsletter (produced biannually)
Ever wondered what is happening elsewhere in the country?
Want fresh ideas from other community coaches?
Want to find out what the top coaches are thinking and doing?
The Hitting the Seam newsletter provides you with the following information:
- Practical ideas and practices for you to use
- Community and elite coaching news updates
- ECB CA Support Centre and membership updates
Coaching Insight (produced annually)
Do you like to read something that provokes thought, prompts discussion and inspires you to continually improve? The A5 ECB CA yearbook provides the following information:
- Cricket reports from the ECB
- Technical bulletin round ups
- Thought-provoking articles on coaching
Insurance - Peace of mind while you coach
Purchasing personal insurance can be very expensive and tiresome. The CA provides you with insurance and enables you to concentrate on developing your new skills.
- Public Liability - The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property - £5,000.000 - limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability - The members legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions - £10,000,000 - limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident - A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures - £300
- Legal Expenses - Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline - Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
National Conference (held biannually)
Come and spend some time with top coaches and players from around the globe delivering practical and theory sessions. Great opportunity to mix with friends and other CA members from around the globe and share best practice whilst learning from some of the greats of the game.
A residential conference that includes:
- Conference pack
- Conference dinner, with the presentation of the Annual Coach of the Year Awards
- 4 Star accommodation
Wallet sized card providing useful contact information.