"Equity in your Coaching" course date announced
Wiltshire Cricket announce 28th March as the date of their 2012 "Equity in your Coaching" workshop.
This bolt on course is relevant for all coaches as a support tool to stand alongside their First Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Children courses. The aims of the course is to expose barriers that may restrict members of all backgrounds from joining your club.
On completion of this workshop coaches will be able to:
- Understand what’s sports equity means and why it is important
- Identify and deal with any barriers to participation
- Use appropriate language and terminology
- Identify and challenge inequitable behaviour
- Interpret the legal framework that effects coaching
- Identify how they can become more equitable
- Establish where to go for further information
- Develop your existing skills and experience to make your coaching sessions more accessible
This course is compulsory for Clubmark accredited clubs, with at least one qualified coach per club expected to hold a current qualification.
The course is being run at Stanley Park Sports Ground, Stanley Lane, Chippenham, SN15 3RR and will run from 6.30pm until 9.30pm.
If you are interested in attending the workshop, please download the application form and return it with payment (£30, cheques payable to "Wiltshire Cricket Limited") as soon as possible.