Plans for 2019 and beyond communicated to clubs at Wiltshire Cricket Forum
Many thanks to the clubs that attended and supported the Wiltshire Cricket Club forum that took place on Tuesday 22nd January. We very much hope that clubs left with plenty of information on different initiatives that they might want to take back and continue to deliver or deliver for the first time within their clubs. 2019 is an extremely exciting year for cricket with both the Cricket World Cup and a Men’s and Women’s Ashes series taking place in this country. Therefore, it’s a great opportunity to inspire new generations of players and families to engage with their local cricket club.
Attached is a copy of the slides that were delivered on Tuesday evening. As mentioned on the evening, clubs will see plenty of information follow on each of the main topics covered:
- ECB’s new strategy, ‘Inspiring Generations’ – This strategy has just been released by the ECB and will form the basis of the work that we as a county will deliver in the period up to 2024. Clubs are going to be at the heart of lots of the strategic areas and so look out for plenty more information in the coming months.
- Cricket World Cup Club Programme – A reminder to clubs to register at www.clubs.cricketworldcup.com and to then look at the Club fund – still plenty of grants available
- All Stars Cricket – the portal is now open for clubs to set up their 2019 programmes. A full email on this will follow
- Under 9s Cricket – As we look to build on the success of All Stars Cricket we will now be focusing on under 9s cricket and how we can make this age group even more successful through more opportunities to participate and through creating experiences similar to All Stars
- Women’s and Girls Cricket – Making Cricket a gender equal sport by 2024 is a key aim from the new strategy, which will mean lots of investment and focus in to women and girls programmes. In 2019, we have winter competitions taking place and will be developing our summer offers to include more varied competition opportunities. Please contact email@example.com for any more information on women and girls opportunities
- Talent Pathway Opportunities – We focused on the partnership with Gloucestershire Cricket during the forum but from a club perspective the main reminder is regarding the coach development workshops for which we still have places; https://www.wiltshirecricket.co.uk/coaches/news/gloucestershires-richard-dawson-tim-hancock-chris-taylor-and-mark-thorburn-to-deliver-coach-development-workshops-in-wiltshire/
- Club competitions – A reminder that entries are currently open for U13, U15, U16 and U19 T20 competitions (https://www.wiltshirecricket.co.uk/news/junior-club-t20-competitions-now-open-for-entries/). We will also be soon launching the 2019 Wiltshire Wallop
Many thanks again for clubs' support and we look forward to working with many clubs during 2019.