Groundsman's Spring Preparation and Summer Maintenance Workshop 2018
Following the successful launch of our own in house workshops in 2017, the Wiltshire Cricket Groundsman’s Association is delighted to confirm the details of our upcoming Spring workshop….
Spring preparation/summer maintenance
Sunday 18th March 2018
9.00am – 4pm
This workshop will focus on the subject of spring preparation/summer maintenance
Broadly, this workshop will cover the following:
- How to prepare for your playing season including pre-season rolling and marking out.
- How to maintain your pitch during the playing season, including mowing, use of fertiliser and watering.
- What equipment and supplies you will need for the different activities.
- What you need to do to get best results from all the various activities involved.
- There will also be an opportunity to discuss specific queries and questions about groundsmanship.
- The Course will be based around current ECB Guidelines and run by a former ECB pitch advisor.
At £50 per head for this workshop, and given the feedback received last year, we are very confident that this represents excellent value for money.
Tea and coffee will be provided - please bring your own lunch.
How to book a place?
To book a place on either of the workshops below, please reply to Pete Sykes at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of attendee
- Email address
- Contact number
We will then contact you with regards to making payment.
Please forward this to all groundstaff within your club. The workshop offers a great opportunity for a qualified groundsman wishing to attend a refresher or an up and coming groundsman who may be looking for some support in assisting with groundsmanship at their club.