Wiltshire Cricket Groundsman's Workshop - Cricket Outfields - Thursday 25th July
The Wiltshire Cricket Groundsman’s Association (WCGA) is delighted to announce that it will be running a workshop for groundsmen on the important subject of Cricket Outfields
Details of the workshop are as follows:
Thursday 25th July
6pm – 8pm
Trowbridge Rugby Club (Player’s Bar), BA14 6JB
The event is taking place at the same venue and on the same day as an IOG Summer Turfcare Demo Day, which takes place earlier in the day from 10am – 4pm. This means that many of the companies and suppliers will also stay around to add some value and support to our event in the evening.
The specific features of the Cricket Outfields session will be as follows:
- Introduction, containing reasons for the event, focusing on safer outfields, weather effects on outfields, multi-use sites, Council sites, PQS assessments
- GANTIP presentation
- Presentation on options available for major outfield works
- Presentation on options available to treat outfields for worms
- Questions and Discussion, plus opportunity to meet and discuss with suppliers as follows:
- DLF on correct seed selection for outfields (tbc)
- Aitkens sportsturf on fertiliser options to suit budgets etc.
- T.H White Equipment options.
- Plus others....
Confirming your place on the workshop
In order to assist the WCGA with planning for the evening we would appreciate people booking on to the course. This can be done through the following link;
Places are FREE and available to anyone so please pass details on to all volunteers who help with the ground at your club.
All of our previous workshops have focused on areas of cricket squares and pitch preparation, with the subject of outfields often being neglected. We therefore hope that this workshop will be of interest and be well supported by the groundsmen community in Wiltshire.