- Women's & Girls' Cricket Home
- » News
- » Wiltshire Cricket clubs enjoy two days with Vipers and New Zealand International, Suzie Bates
Wiltshire Cricket clubs enjoy two days with Vipers and New Zealand International, Suzie Bates
On Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May, international cricketer, Suzie Bates, spent two days in Wiltshire as part of the Southern Vipers Ambassdor scheme.
Suzie will be playing for the Southern Vipers, of which Wiltshire Cricket is a consortium member, during the 2018 Kia Super League competition. Suzie is an international cricketer with New Zealand having played over 200 times in different formats so to have her in Wiltshire for two days was a huge privilege. Here's what she got up to during her time:
Chippenham CC - Thursday 10th May
- Firstly, Suzie watched a number of local secondary schools receive some skill sessions led by Wiltshire Cricket's Growth Development Officer, Sam Dent. The secondary schools involved were Sheldon School and Hardenhuish School
- Secondly, Suze met a number of the Chippenham CC academy girls and passed on some advice from her playing experience. These girls then received a coaching session from Sam
- Follwing this, Suize delivered a Q and A session with girsls from both Bath CC and Chippenham CC who were playing in a girls match that evening
- The evening concluded with an opportunity for the Chippenham women's soft ball participants to meet and chat with Suzie
Marshfield CC - Friday 11th May
On Friday evening, Suzie travelled to Marshfiled CC where she enjoyed an evening at the club during which she:
- Observed Marshfield CC's elite girls nets session
- Conducted a meet and greet session during the club's registration evening. This also involved signing various bits of memorabilia for Marshfield CC's members.
- Carried out a Q and A with a specific focus on women's cricket
- Faced delivries from Marshfield members to support raising money for the club's chosen charity for 2018; Access Sport
The ambassador scheme which is run by the Vipers is a wonderful way of adding value to all of the work being done locally to drive women and girls cricket. This includes our girls club cricket, girls county age group cricket and our women's soft ball festivals.
For more information on all of these initiatives please contact Sam Dent at firstname.lastname@example.org