County Under 13 Girls
|Ali Goddard||Coachfirstname.lastname@example.org||07786 361222|
From the 2018 season onwards, the girls under 13s will play on 19 yard pitches. The move to shorter pitches follows extensive research conducted by ECB aimed at achieving the following:
- Provide children with an outstanding experience of cricket and one that more closely replicates the professional game.
- Increase junior player retention and ensure sustainable participation.
- Better develop the skills of the game that are needed for long term performance.
- Provide uniform pitch lengths for all junior cricket
It has been found that a shortened and uniform pitch length, along with several other recommendations, will help to achieve:
- More accurate bowling
- A safer bowling technique
- Improved batting, bowling & fielding development
- Increases in playable balls & scoring zones
- A more engaging & active game for children
|Sun 2 Jun||1:00||Dorset Performance XI||TBC (H)|
|Sun 16 Jun||1:00||Berkshire Development XI||TBC (H)|
|Sun 23 Jun||1:00||Dorset Development XI||TBC (A)|
|Sun 7 Jul||1:00||Somerset Development||TBC (H)|
|Sun 21 Jul||1:00||Gloucestershire Development||TBC (H)|
|Sun 4 Aug||1:00||Berkshire Development XI||TBC (A)|
|Tue 13 Aug||1:00||Gloucestershire Development||TBC (A)|
|Sun 25 Aug||1:00||Devon - Performance||TBC (A)|