Primary School Cricket
What do we do?
It is very important to Wiltshire Cricket that we promote girls cricket within our primary schools. Currently, Wiltshire Cricket delivers the following girls programmes in primary schools:
Autumn Chance to Shine Programme
Throughout September and October each year Wiltshire Cricket offers primary schools the opportunity to get involved in our Autumn Chance to Shine competition. This programme offers schools the opportunity to receive the following:
- A 3 week programme of coaching. Your school can choose whether this is curriculum or extra curriculum coaching
- An informal teacher training session
- Entry in to an indoor Kwik Cricket competition
If your school would like to get involved in the Autumn Chance to Shine programme please contact Ali Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07786 361222.
COST - Free
Spring/Summer Chance to Shine Programme
In the lead up to the Cricket season and throughout the season, schools can get involved in a Chance to Shine programme. These programmes are for both boys and girls but can be a great way of introducing girls to cricket for the first time. The spring/summer Chance to Shine programmes can be delivered at any point between January and July and consist of the following:
- A 6 week programme of curriculum coaching
- a 6 week after school club programme
For schools that opt to be involved in this programme, we would expect the school to commit to:
- Entering the ECB Kwik Cricket competition through entry in to a local cluster festival
- Send a teacher on to an ECB Cricket for Teachers course
- Get involved with running an event during National Cricket week
There is a small cost to being involved with this Chance to Shine programme. If your school would like to get involved in this Chance to Shine programme please contact Ali Goddard at email@example.com or 07786 361222.
Secondary School Cricket
What do we do?
Wiltshire Cricket is very aware that girls could choose to get involved in Cricket at any age. A big role for Wiltshire Cricket currently is increasing girls cricket coverage in secondary schools so that Cricket is seen as a real option for girls within that 11-16 year age group.
Secondary School Offer
Wiltshire Cricket is fortunate to have a community coach, dedicated to working within the secondary school environment. Josh Boulton, our community coach, is available to deliver the following programmes for girls cricket in secondary schools:
- Curriculum coaching support
- An after school club
- A satellite club - this is a club based on a school site but delivered for anybody from the local community to attend. Satellite clubs typically take place between 5pm - 6pm.
To access any of the above programmes please contact Josh Boulton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07776 992900. Please note that through the secondary school offer we can also offer informal or formal teacher training and can run training courses for students.
Looking for a competition?
If your school is keen to enter a competition then we have lots of different opportunities and we can tailor the above coaching programmes to prepare your school for its competition. For details of the girls competitions available in Wiltshire please visit our girls school competition page.