ECB Get the Game On Small Grant Scheme 2019 - Applications now open
Wiltshire Cricket has great pleasure in confirming the launch of the 2019 ECB Small Grant Scheme. This is the ninth year of the scheme but this year is a slightly unique year for the scheme for the following reasons:
- The ECB focus for 2019 has been around a legacy from the Cricket World Cup and as such schemes such as the Cricket World Cup Club fund have taken priority over the Small Grant Scheme. The Cricket World Cup Club fund is a one year focus and has seen significant investment go towards supporting as many clubs as possible with a Cricket World Cup grant. What this does mean is that for 2019 there is reduced budget available for the traditional Small Grant Scheme (the good news though is that there is still some budget).
- Due to the reduced budget available for the Small Grant Scheme it means that for 2019 there will only be one project theme supported and that is ‘covers’. However, within the ‘covers’ theme there is a variety of equipment that could be funded.
Within the ‘covers’ theme, clubs can apply for funding towards the purchase of the following products:
- New mobile covers
- Flat sheet covers
- Bowlers run-up and / or side sheet covers
- Replacement cover tops
- Water removal equipment (only when combined with the purchase of covers
The above bullet point information just gives a brief summary of the focus of the 2019 scheme. Attached below are two supporting documents:
Before submitting an application please ensure that you read the guidance notes in detail so that you are fully aware of all criteria for the scheme and all terms and conditions that will apply to an application.
As you will see from the attached guidance notes, you will see that the ECB’s timeframes for the scheme are as follows
- Monday 1st April 2019 – Scheme opens for applications
- Friday 31st May 2019 – Deadline for applications to be submitted
- Friday 21st June 2019 – Deadline for County Boards to submit applications to ECB
However, in order to help speed up the process of getting grants to clubs we would like to communicate the timeframes to the following:
- Friday 26th April 2019 – Clubs that have submitted applications by this point will be reviewed by Wiltshire Cricket Limited
- w/c 29th April 2019 – Wiltshire Cricket will review applications submitted by this point with a view to decisions being made and applications submitted to ECB by end of w/c 6th May 2019
What will happen after my application is received - how will Wiltshire Cricket manage the application process?
- We will firstly assess all applications against the eligibility criteria
- If the total sum of grant requests exceeds our budget we will consider doing the following in order to ensure that we meet our budget:
- Reduce some grant requests to ensure they offer consistency with requests for like for like projects from other clubs
- Make an assessment on value for money and impact of different projects
- Put a cap on the maximum award we will offer to any project
None of the above measures will definitely happen. However, I have listed them to highlight the fact that following receipt of your application, Wiltshire Cricket then has the say on how much we wish to support each project prior to submission of applications to ECB
- In order to make a decision on the level of support to each project, we will meet formally as a Board to discuss each project and will communicate the process of how our decisions have been reached
- Despite the timeframe being 31st May for submission of final applications to Wiltshire Cricket we will be processing any applications received by 26th April ready for submission to ECB by end of w/c 6th May.
*Once decisions have been reached on Wiltshire Cricket’s support for each project, we will then submit completed application forms to the ECB. It should be noted that even at this stage the ECB reserves the right to determine the final award amount and this will be confirmed in the offer letter to the club.
Other important notes
Just some final considerations for clubs…
- Any Club which received an award from the ECB Small Grant Scheme 2018 for covers under the project theme ‘Get the Game On’ is not eligible to reapply in 2019
- The possible award given to one club can be between £1,000 and £4,000
- Clubs will be required to provide a minimum 10% partnership funding for their project
- Two quotations will be required with your application