- » News
- » FAO Junior Coordinators - District Boys Trial Nominations Now Open - Deadline 18 August
FAO Junior Coordinators - District Boys Trial Nominations Now Open - Deadline 18 August
Following the release of details of the new Wiltshire Cricket boys performance structure last week (https://www.wiltshirecricket.co.uk/news/wiltshire-cricket-new-performance-structure-for-2017-2018/) we are now delighted to inform you that nominations are now open for clubs to nominate players for district trials.
Attached to this message above is a letter giving information regarding the process that is followed in terms of nominating and selecting players. Also attached is a nomination form for clubs to complete.Boys N
Please read the letter in detail and note that there is a slightly different process for under 15 nominations in comparison with under 10, 11 and 13s.
Without going in to the detail of the letter, the main things to note regarding nominations are as follows:
- County trials will take place prior to district trials and players will be invited automatically to county trials by this year's county managers based on their performance at county and district fixtures during the season. Players not successful at county trials will automatically be invited to their relevant district trial
- There will be district programmes ran at under 10s, 11s, 13s
- There will be a North and South programme run at under 15s
- Clubs should nominate as many players that they feel are worthy of consideration. Clubs should also still nominate players that have been playing district cricket this season. A caveat to this is that we would urge clubs to be more selective of their nominations at under 15, due to it being a North/South programme
- At under 10, 11 and 13s nominations should be sent through to District Head Coaches who will then contact the nominated players to inform them of the date and venue of their trial.
- At under 15s nominations should be sent through to the Wiltshire Cricket office who will then contact the nominated players to inform them of the date and venue of their trial.
- After the trials take place, Wiltshire Cricket will inform all players in writing as to whether they have been successful in being selected for the district winter coaching programme.
Nominations should be sent through to the following:
Under 10s, 11, 13s:
North East – Kevin Thompson - Kev.firstname.lastname@example.org
North West – Steve Richards - email@example.com
Mid – Ali Goddard - firstname.lastname@example.org
South – Steve Warner - email@example.com
North and South – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for nominations – Friday 18th August
If after reading the letter clubs have any queries regarding anything contained within the letter please do not hesitate to contact Pete Sykes at email@example.com