National Programme Update
Message from ECB...
The safety and wellbeing of all people involved in cricket is our absolute priority and so whilst we continue to work through solutions, All Stars and Dynamos Cricket remain suspended for the time being in line with government guidance. We will do everything we can to run programmes later in the year should the government guidance allow us to do so and we will remain in touch with any updates as and when they are available. If the situation means we are unable to reschedule programmes for a later date, we will ensure that refunds or credits are available for participants.
We know that cricket can play a huge part in supporting physical and mental wellbeing of children around the country and we are continuing to explore ways that we can bring cricket to homes through indoor games, challenges, and digital content.
All Stars Cricket Activity Booklet
The ECB are delighted to be able to share with you the 2020 All Stars Activity Booklet which has been adapted so that all content is suitable for families whilst they are at home – a download link can be found here.
Dynamos Cricket App
Alongside the All Stars Activity booklet, the ECB are also excited to confirm that on 6th May they will be releasing the Dynamos Cricket App, and due to COVID-19, will be making it available for all our young cricketers, not just those who signed up to Dynamos Cricket. The app will be available to download on the iOS and Android stores and is jam packed with skills, quizzes and activity challenges to try at home.
Spacehive Fundraising during Covid-19
To support the Grants and Loan Schemes which were launched in April, the ECB are also delighted to share with you an update in relation to their crowdfunding initiative with Spacehive. Whilst historically, the Spacehive initiative was only available to Dynamos Cricket clubs, they have now opened this to all clubs and will be providing all clubs who raise £100 towards supporting with COVID-19 activities with a further £100.
- Create a crowdfunding campaign on Spacehive to support your club during the COVID-19 crisis (if clubs still wish to raise for future Dynamos projects as originally anticipated that offer is still available)
- ECB will help get your campaign off to a flying start by pledging £100 as soon as your campaign goes live
- Raise at least £100 more to lock in the ECB pledge
How it works:
- Sign up to the Spacehive platform here.
- Set up your crowdfunding page by Thursday 14th May. The Spacehive team will be on hand to guide you through this process.
- The ECB pledge will appear as soon as your campaign is live.
- Run your crowdfunding campaign throughout May and June.
- Receive the money you raise in your bank by end of June.
Clubs already using Spacehive:
You can either continue with your existing campaign and ring fence the funds for the Dynmaos Cricket programme when it happens, or you can start a new campaign around supporting the club during the COVID-19 crisis. The ECB can only pledge £100 to your centre once, either to the Dynamos Cricket campaign or the COVID-19 campaign.