Wiltshire Cricket Limited is delighted to announce the launch of the 2024 Imagine Cruising Wiltshire Wallop.
Last year’s Wallop was very successful with 15 teams entering the competition, culminating in a finals day won by Marshfield CC.
The purpose of this email is to invite entries to the 2024 Imagine Cruising Wiltshire Wallop.
ENTER NOW by completing this REGISTRATION FORM by the entry deadline of Friday 16th February.
What is the Wiltshire Wallop?
The Wiltshire Wallop is a fun, simple, 20 over competition open to all Wiltshire affiliated clubs. It is the only competition that is open to clubs from all corners of the county, as we aim to find Wiltshire’s premier T20 team!
Below is a loose format of the competition:
- 20 over matches
- Run during May, June, July and August
- Group matches to be played during a selected fortnight. (you can decide which day and time)
- Local groups of 4 or 5 teams (this will be confirmed once number of teams are established)
- Each team playing each other a minimum of once (maybe twice – opportunity within registration form for clubs to feed back on this)
- Finals day: TBC but either Sunday 11th or Sunday 18th August at Marshfield CC.
- Social media coverage and competitions throughout the tournament.
Groups – these have always tried to be created on a geographical basis, to keep the travel time to a minimum. So the groups will be created (as best as possible) in terms of distance between the clubs. However, based on feedback we may mix groups slightly for 2024 to provide some variation to the typical fixtures that clubs play
Other Important Information:
- Feedback from 2023: Within this year’s registration form there is an opportunity for clubs to feed back on a couple of questions, including:
- Preferred number of group games
- Views on making the competition a coloured clothing, pink ball competition
- For those who competed in 2023, any reflections they want to be considered for 2024
- Play-Cricket: We will continue to use play-cricket for the competition, using www.wiltsclubcomps.play-cricket.com
- Player Discipline: Throughout the competition, Wiltshire Cricket Limited will be using the ECB General Conduct Regulations to manage any discipline issues
- Competition Rules: Based on feedback mentioned above, we may look to formalise a few rules in order to improve the governance of the competition and the management of match days
To enter the competition, please now complete the registration form above by the deadline given of 16th February. We will then be looking to publish the confirmed details of the competition before the end of February.
For more information, please contact Pete Sykes:
- [email protected]
- 07920 581413