Where we obtain information
In most cases we will obtain information directly from you (or from someone who requests goods or services for you on your behalf, such as your club) or the device you use to communicate with us. The information will be obtained through ECB Websites, Wiltshire Cricket Limited’s website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications (including blogs and social media interactions) and from records of the goods and services provided to you.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you (such as tickets you have purchased, newsletters you have subscribed to, events you or someone you book for have attended, achievements in cricket and details from other ECB/Wiltshire Cricket Limited services you use or have used such as play-cricket) or which we receive from other organisations, such as other cricket organisations, sponsors or commercial partners.
In some cases we will be data controllers, for example where information is obtained directly by us through the means listed above or where we store personal data obtained through partner systems.
The information we collect
We only obtain the data required to provide the goods or services required by you.
Personal data collected may include name, address, email address, phone numbers, emergency contact details and any details that are relevant to the services requested and provided. Date of Birth may be requested where, for example, the service required has age related restrictions. If under the age of 16 years parental or guardian information will be collected. Telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications may also be collected. Ethnicity information may be collected to enable us to monitor and ensure compliance with anti-discrimination policies or to comply with obligations to Sport England, ECB or Chance to Shine.
How we will use your information
All personal information that we obtain about you and/or any other person whose details you provide will be recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with current data protection legislation. We will primarily use the personal information for:
- Administration - for registration and general administration of services (including verification, vetting and security checking)
- Delivery - to provide the goods and services requested from us by an individual
- Communication - to communicate with you in the event that any goods or services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your requests
- Information sharing - so that we can provide information which may be of interest to you about services offered by Wiltshire Cricket Limited, ECB or our Cricket partners
- Safety - to ensure a safe environment for the enjoyment of cricket events and activities
- Records - for record keeping purposes
- Market research - to carry out market research so that we can improve the goods and services we offer
Consent and lawful processing of your personal data:
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and service delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or, in serious cases that it is in your vital interests to help you
- for direct marketing and/or information sharing: that you have given your consent
- for equality and inclusion: that you have given your explicit consent by answering the question
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to encourage participation in cricket and this does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms
Retention and Data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This will include encrypting all databases that contain personal data.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information obtained that is relevant to the delivery of a service will be retained for 12 months from the date of that service being completed
- Records and documents relating to contracts and insurance policies will be retained for 7 years after the end of the contract or policy.
- Information and documents relating to unsuccessful job applicants will be retained for 6 months from date of notification to the candidate
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However, in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation. For example, where we contract deliverers or cricket partners/associations to provide services on our behalf we may be required to provide them with the data required to provide that service safely and effectively.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing [email protected]
How to contact us
Email – [email protected]
Address – Privacy Officer, Wiltshire Cricket Limited, Suite 8-9, Lansdowne Court Business Centre, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6RZ
Phone – 01249 445225