Wiltshire Cricket's FREE Key Stage 1 Primary School Offer is launched
Between now and the summer, primary schools across Wiltshire can access a FREE Cricket assembly and taster coaching session for Key Stage 1 children, with the aim being to spread the power of cricket and to to promote All Stars Cricket!
Following on from the hugely successful taster programme run during the Spring of 2018, Wiltshire Cricket are delighted to announce the dates for our programme of visits to promote the start of the 2019 All Stars Cricket programme. This programme is for Key Stage One children only and is available to any school in Wiltshire.
All Stars Cricket is not a school based activity but a cricket club based programme that will take place during May, June and July 2019. The programme has two specific aims:
- To use cricket to engage with a younger audience to look to create a life long love for the game
- To help clubs to upskill parents to help them to engage with their children’s development through the medium of skills and playing games.
The All Stars Cricket sessions will be organised, advertised and delivered by local cricket clubs.
However, Wiltshire Cricket would like to give these clubs some help in promoting their sessions through our network of primary schools.
From January 2019 onwards, our two community coaches will be travelling around the county, delivering sessions for our FREE publicity tour of Wiltshire.
The visits will include a 90 minute taster session from our All Stars Cricket Champion Josh Boulton or Wiltshire Cricket’s Community Coach Sam Dent. These visits have proven to be really popular in the past……….so we are excited to be able to release dates for the “tour” during the period 7th January 2019 to 17th May 2019.
These FREE school roadshow visits will include the delivery of a KS1 assembly followed (or preceded) by an All Star Cricket taster session for the children.
How can a school book a FREE assembly and taster session?
Well very simply, you just book an assembly and taster session……(in short)….
- Look to see when we are in your school’s area
- Find a time suitable to your school from the attached invitation
- Fill in the attached application from at the bottom of the attached word document – To avoid disappointment, please can schools state their first, second and third choice booking dates and times.
We very much looking forward to promoting cricket in schools across the county throughout 2019!