UK Border Agency Health and Safety Assessment
It is a requirement to hold a current Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) qualification.
- These are valid for a period of three years and online courses can be booked through the following:
- Wiltshire and Swindon Sport. Please click here to find an online course.
- UK Coaching. Please click here to find an online course.
- Once you have attended and completed the course, please send a copy of your certificate to Karen Smith, details given below.
- If an SPC course has previously been attended and it is due for renewal, the online Safeguarding for Specialist Roles course can be completed. Please click here to register on a course.
After a recent review of operations and a period of piloting the following changes are being made to the process and assessment of the UKBA Health and Safety Assessment:
- Photo identification must be presented by candidates and verified by the assessor
- Candidates will not receive a copy of the question paper in advance of the session
- The Assessor will read each question and can only repeat each once
- The Assessor will mark each answer given, but will not reveal if they are correct or not
- The Assessor is then allowed to “rephrase” any questions that were marked as incorrect to check for understanding, and re-ask the question as necessary
- Final marks and assessment outcomes will be shared with candidates and results updated by Wiltshire Cricket and certificates requested
As well as being face-to-face, assessments can now also be hosted virtually on Microsoft Teams or Zoom, but not on a video call such as FaceTime.
For more information or for further assistance, please contact Karen Smith: