Spacehive Fundraising during Covid-19
Clubs that were due to be delivering Dynamos Cricket in 2020 will be aware that one feature that was due to be accompanying the programme was a crowdfunding initiative through Spacehive. This initiative has now been opened up to all clubs during this current time. Below is the information sent by ECB to clubs:
Whilst historically, the Spacehive initiative was only available to Dynamos Cricket clubs, we have now opened this to all clubs and will be providing all clubs who raise £100 towards supporting with COVID-19 activities with a further £100.
- Create a crowdfunding campaign on Spacehive to support your club during the COVID-19 crisis (if clubs still wish to raise for future Dynamos projects as originally anticipated that offer is still available)
- ECB will help get your campaign off to a flying start by pledging £100 as soon as your campaign goes live
- Raise at least £100 more to lock in the ECB pledge
How it works:
- Sign up to the Spacehive platform here.
- Set up your crowdfunding page by Thursday 14th May. The Spacehive team will be on hand to guide you through this process.
- The ECB pledge will appear as soon as your campaign is live.
- Run your crowdfunding campaign throughout May and June.
- Receive the money you raise in your bank by end of June.
Clubs already using Spacehive:
You can either continue with your existing campaign and ring fence the funds for the Dynmaos Cricket programme when it happens, or you can start a new campaign around supporting the club during the COVID-19 crisis. The ECB can only pledge £100 to your centre once, either to the Dynamos Cricket campaign or the COVID-19 campaign.