Talent Pathway Activities from home Stage One
Stage One - Programme One
1. Lunges - Forward and Backwards Lunge
2. Press Up and Catch
- Start in the press up/plank position, push up and take a catch.
- Throw the ball back and jump back down into the press up/plank position.
- Repeat 10 times. Complete 3 sets of 10.
3. Bowling Stability
- Stand on your right leg. Bend down (staying upright) and pick up a book/cone/a sock…
- Balance it on your head and stand upright without dropping the book/cone/sock….
- Bend back down and put the book(etc) down, stand back up again.
- Turn your body 90 degrees and start again.
- When you get back to the start, rest, change to your left leg and start again.
1. Move to Catch
- Set up two cones 3 metres either side of you, one to your left and one to your right.
- Start in the middle and take a first catch, throw the ball back to your feeder.
- Run around one of the two cones, return to the middle and take a second catch.
- Repeat with 11 catches in total, having moved to the left cones five times and the right cone five times.
- Repeat the drill three times.
- For a greater challenge, try catching one handed only.
2. Chin Drop Drill
- Hold a tennis ball under your chin, step forward with your front foot into a set position.
- Drop the ball and hit the ball before it bounces for a second time.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Complete 3 sets of drops.
- Aim your hit towards a target in front of you.
3. Staying Tall
- Stand ten large paces away from your helper.
- Standing on your back foot only (right arm bowlers will be right leg, left hand bowlers will be left leg) and balance.
- Without a run up, step forward with your front foot and staying tall bowl the ball for your helper to catch at chest height…without bouncing first.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Complete 3 sets of balls.
- Concentrate on staying as upright as possible throughout your action. Head over chest over waist over legs.
4. Bounce catch
- Bend your knees and crouch down in a wicket keepers position, hands should be together, with little fingers touching each other.
- Open your two hands up like a book.
- Get your feeder to stand in front of you and under arm throw you balls so that land two steps in front of you.
- As the ball bounces, move your body upwards so that you catch the balls at waist height with both hands, like you are closing the book.
- Throw the ball back to your feeder.
- Repeat ten catches and rest. Complete 3 sets of catches.