Using project theme 1; "Creating Welcoming Environments", Marshfield CC successfully applied to the County Grant Fund in 2022 to secure funding to purchase Point of Sale equipment for its clubhouse.
The system purchased by the club included a terminal, customer-facing display, drawer, and additional ipad and stand. Following the purchasing and installatio of the system the club has reported many benefits, including:
- Selling is now faster and easier
- The club can change prices and add items from anywhere
- The POS equipment offers flexible outdoor selling on Youth Training Nights (in 2022, the club has 165 children registered to its junior section making the ability to sell drinks and snacks a really important part of the experience it offers to its members)
- Members and parents have fed back that they appreciate the improved flexibility over payment methods
- The club can now offer at table selling for private hiring events
- The system assists with the club's accounting process by offering greater control of cost centres
- The POS equipment provides the ability to invocie and track Youth memberships, net fees etc
In summary, the customer experience has been enhanced by the purchasing of this equipment which is a key theme of the County Grants Fund. Additionally, it is clear that the equipment has helped with the smooth running of the club's finances as well as providing more opportunity to raise funds during junior coaching evenings and during matches.